Sunday, December 20, 2015

Quick Review: ODD APOCALYPSE by Dean Koontz

I am a huge Dean Koontz fan. I consider Odd Thomas (2003) to be one of his best novels. But I have to admit, I found most of Koontz's recent novels, especially most of the sequels to Odd Thomas, disappointing and repetitive. The good news is Odd Apocalypse is the best Koontz book in years, and the best sequel to the original novel. It still suffers from being too long for its own good (the plot isn't complex enough for 400+ pages), and from Koontz's annoying tendency to preach. But it's an atmospheric tale, with an imaginative concept, and it's darker and edgier than most of his recent output. For the first time in years, I am looking forward to the next Odd Thomas adventure. Recommended.

Text © Ahmed Khalifa. 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment